Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I WISHED EVERYTHING WAS DIFERENT

For the moment, this is being a strange week, we are moving out of Queens’ office, so each day we have less and less things.  Yesterday they took out the signal that says we are EMC, since then, we’ve had a couple of days with not a lot of movement, but God always finds His ways.
Today a girl came in, her name is Miss M, she is 23 years old and has been married for nearly a year now, she is twelve weeks pregnant, but just found out two weeks ago. She didn’t know what to do, but leant more towards abortion. Her husband told her that it was on her, although he preferred being a dad. The main problem is that she is still in college (part time) and he is a parking assistant, so they don’t have a very good income rate. I talk with her for a while, put one of our informative videos and then I showed her the size of the baby she is actually carrying.

On some point I said the right thing and God could use me to reach her, because she said “I wished everything was different, but I will keep my baby”. Next week she is going to Brooklyn for a sonogram and I gave her the phone numbers of other great associations we work with which will be able to continue our job.

No comments: