Thursday, October 23, 2014

TWO SIDES OF OUR WORK

This is being for the moment a very challenging and varied week.
On my second day of work, I had a girl, K, she is 19 years old, she wanted an abortion, but couldn’t stop crying all through counseling. She left undecided, so I gave her an appointment for the next week. When she came back, she wanted to keep the baby, unfortunately I couldn’t speak to her because I was in another office, but a couple days ago she phoned me. She just wanted to say Thank you.
That very same day, I received another surprising call. Her name was N, she came to the office a bit less than a year ago, she then wanted an abortion, but ended up having the baby. He is 4 months old now. She needed some help, toy, clothes, milk… Unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of these things at the offices. Nevertheless, I was able to give her the Sisters of Life’s phone number. They are amazing nuns who help those in need with food and goods.

In spite of all these good news, through today’s post, I want to ask for prayers. Firstly, I need you to pray for S, this girl is 15 years old, she wants an abortion, after speaking to her she seemed to be thinking about adoption, but today she texted me to tell me that she had gone to a “real clinic” to have her abortion done, they told her that everything we have told her in EMC is a lie, and gave her a pill without a sonogram. The most serious thing about all of this is that in the sonogram she had at our office, it seemed that she had an ectopic pregnancy. So this is why, secondly I’m asking you to pray for me, to be strong, learn of my mistakes and be a good tool for God.

No comments: