Monday, June 16, 2014

My First Days In The Big Apple

Hello!
My name is Michelle and I am a new intern working for EMC in the Bronx LifeHouse. I arrived in New York on Sunday evening and had my first experience of big city life very shortly after I arrived. I am from Ohio, but am going to school in Florida so this was a bit of a change for me.

I hope to learn and grow a lot from this experience that God has presented to me. Last night I saw a little bit of NYC, but this morning I went to work training at the Brooklyn office. The morning started out slow, but then we became busy and I was able to learn from and work with another intern as a counselor. Today’s experiences with my fellow intern and some beautiful young ladies has really opened my eyes and taught me a lot about myself and about the world around me. I hope this will be the beginning of an important journey in my life so that I can become a better instrument through whom God will show His Love and Mercy to others.

I am looking forward to my time working with EMC both on a spiritual and social level. I have some events planned with the other interns that I am excited about like a Yankees game later this week and a trip to Washington DC for the March for Marriage & the Faith and Family Conference.

I am still adjusting to all the noise and people here, but I am excited about what is to come and wanted to take a few minutes to share a little about myself.

God Bless!

         ~Michelle


No comments: