Saturday, June 14, 2014

Living with a Broken Heart.

I have always been passionate about the pro-life cause, but God began to really break my heart in a new way a couple years ago as he made it known that giving a voice to the voiceless was what he is calling me to do.

I have often spent time weeping for the lives of the babies and their mothers.
However, this week my heart was broken on a whole new level. 
A girl came in last week to one of the centers. Another intern and I spent a good amount of time talking with her and of course silently praying all the while that she would choose life over death for her child. 
She was about 10 weeks along at that point and the ultrasound showed an adorable and very active little baby. It seemed as though his/her personality was already very much present as he/she kicked and squirmed and flipped around.
A joyous and beautiful sight indeed!

However, despite our efforts and prayers, I knew when the mother left the office she was still determined to abort but I continued to hope and pray she would change her mind. But unfortunately I discovered on Thursday that she went through with the abortion a few days ago.

It's one thing to grieve the loss of anonymous children...it's a whole other thing to grieve the loss of a baby that you met and felt a connection to even if it was only for a moment. 

On Thursday night, I found myself once again weeping but this time it was for a specific life that was lost on June 10, 2014. This was so much deeper than ever before. 
What made my grief even stronger was knowing the I cared far more for this child than his mother ever had. 
And so I pray for not only the lives of babies such as these to be saved but also that the eyes of the mothers around the world who have chosen to end the life of their children would be opened. I pray that their hearts would be softened and they would truly love their children...even the ones that are already dead. 
Although it is painful to feel God's heart in this matter, I am thankful because this is what inspires me to pray ever more fervently and faithfully. And I ask that you join me more than ever before to pray for the babies, for the mothers, the fathers, and for the doctors and all others involved in this horror. 
ABORTION MUST END!




(This is about how developed this particular baby was when he/she lost the chance to ever walk this beautiful earth. <33)

No comments: