Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hello New York! [the adventure begins...]

Hello everyone!
My name is Hannah and I am one of the new interns here at EMC living in the Bronx lifehouse.
I arrived here in New York for the first time from my hometown in California on Tuesday afternoon.

So far it's been a whirlwind of a week. I've already worked two full days in the Brooklyn office as an on the job counselor trainee. That has been a stretching experience even in two days, but it is making me excited for the impact I will be able to have on the lives of so many girls and their children while I'm here.

I've also gotten to do really fun things in the  city such as a Yankees game, a concert at Carnegie hall, and of course leaning to navigate the city is quite the adventure in and of itself.

Here's a panorama of a full rainbow at the Yankee stadium after the rain delay...what a nice reminder that His promises remain forever, right? :)


Then today the newest intern, Claire from Ireland, and I took the train out to Long Island for a sidewalk counseling training seminar from the Sisters for Life. It was so great getting to meet so many people with the same heart and calling to work as a pro-lifer.

Here's a snapshot of us on the subway coming home.

Adjusting to so many big changes all at once can be overwhelming but I'm mostly just excited to see where this adventure takes me. Obviously I will share more specific stories and thoughts later on, but I wanted to introduce myself for starters.


God Bless!


          -Hannah

"Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story--those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south." ~Psalm 107: 2-3


No comments: