Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Real pro-choice.


A few weeks ago, Lianne wrote about how being here had changed her. I can't say if it's true because I met her here in NYC, but I can say that I've changed too.

As a Catholic, I was 'pro-life' before coming to work for EMC. I think that it is a feeling every single person in the world has but, some times, we change our mind. This is exactly what happened to me during the last weeks: I was prolife because I was catholic; now, I'm prochoice, not because I believe in abortion, but because I really believe that there are alternatives, real choices before choosing abortion.

There are people that are doing a great job to give these women a real chance to choose, a real chance to be able to choose with freedom, with no pressure, thinking about her own body and her baby.

I choose life. I'm prochoice.


Manuel

2 comments:

nina said...

Thanks Manuel. That really sums it up. I needed that perspective.

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading