Tuesday, November 9, 2010

EMC Has Great Dedicated Hardworkers, Who Will Stand for What Is Right, Even when Times Seem Most Diffucult!


Wow, what an amazing day at City Council with Robert Jackson. We walk in, pictures of Obama everywhere. A tense environment, as everyone is anxious about the questions that await us.

It is my turn to speak, and I get his full attention. His eyes are wide open with a broad smile. I tell him Why and How EmC helps so many women. I told him How I love to work at EMC and what I do as a counselor to help these young women.

He stares in surprise as we give him statistics of our parenting, adoption, and abortion rate. Ofcource adoption being our lowest percentile. Women feel if they can carry there child to full term, that they might as well keep there child.

I ask one of my girls to explain why she chose to keep her child. She breaks down in tears, as I comfort her. She says, "Its my baby". She is 5 months. He says, "so are you deciding to keep it"?

I look at him with shock, as if to say, "Are you serious"? She is almost halfway done with her pregnancy!
So, in concluding the meeting he thanked us for our stand and our truth on EMC.

I truly hope this bill doesn't pass, because then we will have a hard time reaching women from all over the boroughs.

How far will you go to defend what is right

No comments: