Saturday, November 20, 2010

A HEROINE


On Friday at the Brooklyn office at about 10:30am, we had a phone call. Before it came in, for no reason, I was not my usual bright self. However when the Brooklyn office director giggled with joy as she answered the call and requested me to speak with the lady on the phone, my mood was going to change.

This lady was the first person Linda,the Brooklyn director, helped to carry her baby to term despite the pressure for abortion. In other words, the lady was the very first product of the Brooklyn office EMC which was established eleven years ago. It was a great feeling. My smile grew so wide, my cheeks ached. Then she briefed me about her story.


She was told by her doctor that her unborn should be aborted because the baby had cerebrum palsy. The news really devasted her because she wanted this baby. In the cause of seeking for help, she met linda. Linda was God sent. The pregnant lady got the encouragement ,support, and advice she needed and had the baby.


When the mother delivered this baby, instead of the usual joy a mother feels, fear was what filled her. She was deeply concerned about her baby's health. However, something divine happened. She in reality saw an angel stand by her bed in the hospital who told her that everything would be alright.


Although the baby who is now eleven years is presently on a wheel chair, the mother said in her own words," She is my bundle of joy". The lady said she has no regret whatsoever in keeping her baby and Linda can never be forgotten for that. Her voice was so lifting, it changed the tone of the entire day.


Some may think otherwise about the lady's decision to keep the baby, but i find it heroic. It takes love,courage and trust in God to do such thing. I'd like to call her a heroine for that. I was really inspired. Thanks to EMC for this priceless opportunity to be blessed in this way.


A salute to all the daring and God fearing Mothers, the heroines.

No comments: