Monday, November 15, 2010

Planned Parenthood vs EMC: 0-1

I had a very nice young woman sitting in front of me in the counseling room today. She probably wanted to abort if her pregnancy test would come up positive. She already has three kids and she explained to me how she made an appointment for her last child at the abortionclinic but she ended up not going. That was when she convinced herself that if she ever would ever get pregnant again that she wouldnt have that baby because she can´t handle the stress anymore.

I showed her the animated video that explains the procedure, and she nodded her head and sighed ´ I really don´t want to do this but I have to´. She was approximately nine weeks pregnant. It wasnt until I showed her another video when she realized that it is an actual baby inside her. We talked for a while and she almost cried because she was confused all of a sudden. She thought an abortion was taking the ´blob of tissue´ out in one whole piece, no pain no nothing. She said ´I wanted an abortion but now that I realize what an abortion really is I don´t want to. I really don´t know what to do´.

She left the center with her friend, with a sonogram appointment, and left me thinking. What if this woman would have gone to Planned Parenthood.. Would they have explained her the procedure? Or would they have just given her the abortion? This woman was not educated on what an abortion really is.. We need your support to remain the place where woman can talk freely and aren't forced into anything of which they aren't even sure what it exactly is. Please pray for EMC and the Public Hearing tomorrow at the City Council.

No comments: