Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I don't want to, but I have to do it" (Part I)


Last Monday I had the chance to work with Liz the center Director in our South Bronx Pregnancy Center. That was the first time that I had worked with her, and I learned a lot.

A young woman came into the office. She was afraid she might be pregnant and the pregnancy test confirmed her thoughts. When I asked what she was going to do, she said: “I don’t want to, but I have to do it”. I thought she meant she was keeping the baby, but she said again: “I have to abort”.

I showed her a non graphic computer animated video about the two most common abortion procedures and the risks and complication. She asked me stop the video because she hadn’t “a baby, just a little blood clot attached to my uterus”. I thought it was time that she knew the truth. I played the National Geographic documentary “The Biology of Prenatal Development”.
2nd Month (5-8 weeks)
“By six weeks, brain waves can be detected by electroencephalogram, and the brain is controlling 40 sets of muscles as weel as the organs. The jaw forms including the teeth and taste buds. The baby begins to shallow amniotic fluid and some have been observed hiccupping. During this time, the stomach produces digestive juices, and the kidneys begin to function. Fingers and toes are developing, and at seven weeks the chest and abdomen are fully formed. Swimming with a natural swimmer’s stroke in the amniotic fluid, she now looks like a miniature human infant”.
Extracted from Human Life Alliance

She was astonished when she realized that she had a 100% human life in her womb!

No comments: