Friday, November 19, 2010

A Negative Turns Into a Positive

Tuesday two girls came into our clinic, they are best friends and there was no way they wanted to be separated, so I counseled both of them at the same time. They wanted a pregnancy test so I gave them the consultation and the test, they both came out negative.

But we gave them a lot of information, and their mouths dropped open when they understood what an abortion was, and all the facts on fetal development, they learned a lot that day, and that's what they told us, too. You don't always have to have a pregnant girl in front of you to have an interesting conversation about a pregnancy!

I'm from Holland and I am astonished how little the American teenagers and adults know about sexuality, pregnancies and fetal development. Where I'm from that is a mandatory capital in our Biology lessons, we learn it at age 12 and we repeat it every year with information that is age approperiate.. I hope that the Americans will start educating their kids about this subject, too so they don't have to find out when they are pregnant, and want an abortion. Because then it's usually too late..

No comments: