Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lives Dedicated to the Abolition of Abortion


I went to the Pro Life movement conference down in D. C. I was moved by the people that were there trying to make a difference. I have to admit, I was very ignorant of the fact that these people have dedicated their lives to this movement, literally. It's not just some "good deed" they do once a month. They wake up everyday to it. Inspiring!

It also occurred to me that this whole abortion-thing is an EVIL. It never really struck me till this conference. There is no way that there are hundreds of people at the conference and hundreds of thousands of people at the March for Life there for something minor. This is a MAJOR deal, because it is an evil. An evil that must be stopped. And these people have recognized that and come together to try and stop it.
I think of the people I met: Phyllis Schafly and Chris Smith. Chris is the Congressman from New Jersey. And Phyllis is the most amazing woman ever. These people are sick and tired of it. They are done with the abortions taking place in this country. It's morally, ethically, and should be legally wrong, wrong, wrong.

One of the days down there we went to the Students for Life conferences at a college. It's a prolife movement for college students. I went to many workshops and learned a lot about sidewalk counseling. It was so encouraging seeing all these young people like myself going for the same goal.

Abortion must be stopped. Seriously. And after this week, seeing all those people at the March for Life, it's sure that I am not the only one who thinks so.

No comments: