Friday, January 15, 2010

God Makes Appointments

“I do not see coincidence; I see providence.”-Morpheus Matrix Reloaded

Today, two things happened that I hadn’t seen before. Both firsts came from the same girl. I’ll call her “Isabel.”

She was the youngest girl that I had ever seen come into the EMC. She was fourteen. The second fascinating thing about her was the circumstances under which she arrived at EMC. She came in with some very sophisticated referral paper work saying she had already had a sonogram.

Apparently she had been referred by Dr. Emily’s. I was dumbfounded as to why Dr. Emily’s would have referred her to us until I realized that she had come to us by mistake. She had meant to go to Planned Parenthood across the street.

In the quote above, Morpheus is referring to the three ship captains with their respective roles in a mission to end the war. We fight a very different sort of battle. We know how that battle turns out though.

With God, there is no such thing as a random chance. That young girl was meant to come to us. As a result of the mother’s location mix up, a baby lives. Who knows what he or she will grow up to do?

I’m glad that the child’s life potential wasn’t cut short across the street today. Rather the mother and the baby have a unique chance to live, love, and carry out God’s providential plan for their lives.

No comments: