Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reflection and Prayer

It's been a few days since my last day working for EMC, but I find myself constantly thinking about the experiences of the summer. Although I may not remember the names or faces of all the women I worked with, each one of them continues to be with me, unexpectedly remembered in the middle of my everyday activities. We collided briefly, and in that short interaction I hoped to plant a seed that would save a baby's life. Reflecting on this experience has been hard, because I don't want to admit that I've left it behind. Part of my heart is still with these women and children, with this work, and with the community of people who worked beside me and to whose support I am indebted.

I came to the realization, however, that although I am no longer physically working with EMC, I am still a very important part of this mission. Through prayer, I can continue to serve in communion with those still working for EMC. I would of course encourage any readers of this blog to consider this internship themselves. But if that isn't feasible, I ask that you join me in prayer for EMC and its work, so that a constant stream of supplication may be offered to God for the lives of the children we seek to protect.

No comments: