Monday, August 3, 2009

Everyday Miracles

I tell my friends that in this job, you get used to seeing miracles happen. So often, a baby is saved not through our own actions, but through the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of these women. I saw this clearly last week with several of my turnarounds.

One of these girls I had originally seen a month ago. We had lost touch, and I had no clue what was going on with her. Then she showed up at another one of our offices a few days ago, thinking we were an abortion clinic. I had actually seen her name in the appointment book, and made sure I was there. For the second time in a month, she had stumbled into the truth. And such a powerful truth—while watching a video we routinely show the girls, she suddenly fainted and vomited. I was shocked, because I’d never seen anyone react to this video so strongly. All of us quickly gathered around to make sure she was okay. Even as she had to deal with these strong emotions, there were loving people supporting her. She later called me to tell me that she was going to keep her baby. God made sure that she was exposed to a truth she could not ignore.

I saw another such miracle last week outside of Dr. Emily’s. After giving a girl a sonogram and talking with her for awhile, she left without making a decision. Then out of the blue she called me back to thank me, saying that she was keeping the baby. She told me that the night before her appointment at the abortion clinic, God had told her in a dream not to kill her baby. Up until this dream, she hadn’t even believed in God. But between hearing His voice in the dream and running into me at the abortion clinic, she knew God was sending her a message.

It is for this reason that I always tell the girls that it is God who brings them to us. Just as He put the baby inside their womb for a specific reason, He brings them into contact with us for a reason. These everyday miracles are the work of God in the lives of these women.

No comments: