Saturday, November 3, 2012

"I need to make sure she gets home in one piece."

I had a very interesting conversation with a girl outside of Planned Parenthood in New Rochelle last Thursday. She came outside to smoke a cigarette, and I asked her if she was there with a friend. She said, "Yeah, I'm here with my best friend and I know why you're here and it's not gonna change anything." I proceeded to talk with her anyway. I asked her what she thought about her friend's decision and she actually opened up to me. She said she had advised her to not get an abortion, but she couldn't convince her to keep the baby. She told me, "I don't agree with her decision, but I'm just here to make sure she gets home in one piece. She was right by my side when I miscarried last year, so this is the least I can do for all she's done for me."
I just pray that these two beautiful young women continue to be there for each other, as they both continue to heal from their lost children.

No comments: