Monday, November 12, 2012

Hope In The Lord!

Never give up hope on someone.  Girls come in, talk with me, watch the videos, talk even more with me, see all that can go wrong medically with an abortion and still leave saying "I want an abortion today!".  I write on their paper AB meaning they left still wanting to abort.  A week or two later I call back all the girls who were AB (abortion), TR (turn around) and UND (undecided) to see how they are doing and to remind them we are here to help.  Many times they hang up on me or ignore my calls.  Others tell me they already had the abortion and they are doing "fine".  But sometimes, like this past Saturday,   you call a girl who you thought was dead set on abortion and she tells you " Oh I am keeping the baby."  and then right after that phone call you call another, what you thought was AB,  and she says she is keeping the baby too!!  :)  Oh the joy it brings to my heart to hear those words! 



The same day I also tried to comfort a woman on the phone who had taken the abortive pill.  It is very hard and as always I question what words I can say, if any, that will bring comfort and peace to such a painful situation.   As a priest wisely told me "In the Pro-Life movement we experience terrible losses but we also have glorious victories!"  This Saturday I definitely experienced both in full force.   I praise and thank God for his strength with which he upholds me. 

                                              Marta and I relaxing in the Life House

"Our soul waits for the Lord, he is our help and shield.  For in him our hearts rejoice; in his holy name we trust.  May your mercy, Lord, be upon us; as we put our trust in you." - Psalm 33: 20-22

No comments: