Monday, November 12, 2012

Twins...Twice!

This past week I saw two sets of twins!
On Monday, a woman I'll call Mariah came in to our Brooklyn office wanting an abortion. She had come there before with her 2 year old son and was a turn around, but strangely she wanted an abortion this time. She said "I know all the risks from the last time I was here, and I remember the videos you showed me, but I just can't have a baby right now." We went to do the sonogram and it was twins! Everyone was shocked! As Sandra was taking measurements and all, Mariah began to realize the full gravity of her decision to abort. She eventually said "I can't do that. I can't kill two more of my children."
On Wednesday, a woman I'll call Victoria came in to our Brooklyn office wanting to parent. Again, she had come before when she was pregnant with her 2 year old son, and everything she learned then had stuck with her. It is also not an ideal time for her to be pregnant, but she is accepting the responsibility. We went to do the sonogram, and just as I was about to ask her if she had thought about prenatal care, Sand announced, "It's twins!" However, the excitement was brief, as Sand noticed a size discrepancy between the two babies. Baby A was measuring at about 10 1/2 weeks and Baby B only at 8 weeks. She then discovered that Baby B no longer had a heartbeat. While Victoria was saddened by this news, she said she was thankful for her one healthy baby, because she had had 5 miscarriages before.
It was an exciting last week for me!

No comments: