Monday, November 12, 2012

On My Heart and In My Prayers

I write this post from my home back in Virginia. I arrived back here on Saturday night after 5 months interning with EMC. I began my internship in June not really knowing what to expect or how long I would stay. I can say unequivocally that this has been the most challenging, emotional, inspirational, trying, rewarding, and meaningful five months of my short life. I am moving on from this internship  having learned more about life and death, faith and doubt, and love and loss than I could have ever imagined. Not only have I learned so much from the other interns and employees of EMC, but the women and girls who come into our offices have taught me the most, and I will remember them forever. This internship really has been the experience of my lifetime so far, and has prepared me for what will soon be a full-time commitment in working to end the culture of death. I am now moving on from EMC to work for the Center for Bioethical Reform, but this ministry will always be on my heart and in my prayers. And don't worry, I'll be back one day. 

No comments: