Wednesday, June 13, 2012


You never know the power of a kind word or a smile.

Within our line of work we feel as if we have lost a girl when she decides to have an abortion. Today I had a girl come in that had come to our office 2 years before, she left wanting an abortion and had it. As I was talking to her about it, I asked her how the meeting/ counselling went last time. She told me that she walked out! I asked her why you walked out. She told me I was looking for every excuse to have an abortion, and I knew if I watched those videos or stayed longer I wouldn’t be able to get the abortion. We talked for a while longer, then I put on the video of what an abortion is and all the risk’s; 2 minutes into the video she started crying and became upset. When the movie was over I asked her what did you think about that. She told me “The doctors never told me any of these risks; they never said I would feel pain two years later”. I began to talk to her more about her pain and how God loves her so much. She left our office with a smile on her face and was very thankful for everything.

This makes me thankful for the woman who had counselled her before, whatever you said made her want to come back. She said she felt safe So whoever you are, thank you!!!!

Rosie

No comments: