Saturday, June 23, 2012


I can’t believe that it only dawned upon me now how selfish abortion truly is! Within these past few weeks I have been having girls come in all wanting abortions. I ask them why? Or I ask them if they love their child?  They tell me yes I love this baby, so I ask them “why are you denying it life?”  If you truly love this child and you think you can’t have it then why not adoption? And it shocked me to hear them say that they would rather kill their child then give it up for adoption!!! Some think that its worse than an abortion. I was adopted and I tell these girls this and I ask “do you think that I deserved the death sentence because I wasn’t planned? Or because my mother couldn’t take care of me? And even more my shock they say yes!!!! How selfish of a person or how hurt and unloved of a person do you have to be to think that. These babies have done NOTHING to deserve what they get, yet every day we think that it’s the child’s fault. If I can tell one girl how much she is loved my whole time here in New York than I have done my mission. Every day I tell these girls that I love them and I care about them, because truth be told sometimes that’s all they need to hear to make the right choice.

Abortion and racism are both symptoms of a fundamental human error. The error is thinking that when someone stands in the way of our wants, we can justify getting that person out of our lives. Abortion and racism stem from the same poisonous root, selfishness.

-Alveda King
Rosie

No comments: