Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Love is all you need"


Love isn’t all you need, but it goes a long way. If all you do is give them information about the dangers of abortion and how it can hurt them, then you haven’t done enough. I would have thought the fact of us giving such information would prove that we care about them. After all, why tell them if we don’t care? What can it profit us? But these girls (and their boyfriends) rarely hear that someone loves them. That’s why they are so vulnerable to having sex in the first place. They see sex as proof that someone loves them and will give everything for them. We have to show them that we love them, but we also have to say it. When I first came I didn’t say it. I thought I was showing it by being there. This week, I told girls, and couples, that I care about them and want to help them – and they ended up crying.
                The facts are important and without them no girls would listen to us. But without love they don’t trust us – we must both show them and tell them that we love them.

1 comment:

Violet Olszyk said...

So beautiful, Shannon! Such an easy thing to forget, and you're so right.