Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New to New York


My name is Shannon Trott; I am 22 years old and a Human Development major at California State University of Long Beach. The Human Development major involves a mixture of biology, psychology, sociology, and anthropology to understand the development of humans throughout history as well as the lifespan. I entered the prolife movement as an infant in my parent’s arms at prolife events in Southern California where I live. I grew up hearing my mom’s counseling stories from the Life Center (right down the street from our house). I have participated in GAP (Genocide Awareness Project) for the past three years at CSULB and have sidewalk counseled at the abortion center in Long Beach. I love being Catholic and learning more about my faith. I participate in my school’s Newman Club (as president this year!) and enjoy doing Bible Studies with my friends. I Eucharistic minister at my home parish of St. Angela Merici, where I also teach Confirmation classes to high school teens. I have never been to New York City, so I’m really excited to be here and save some babies!

No comments: