Thursday, February 9, 2012

The young child

In the queens office i got a phone call from a school consulor asking me if she can send a young lady for a pregnancy test but asked if it can been done without her parents finding out. I said that all of our services are confidential I set up the appointment after her school was over. When she walked in she seem very nervous to talk to me she kept shaking her leg and moving her hair from side to side. I told her to rollout the intake form after I asked her walk.in the consuling room we talked about her parents,school and her boyfriend who which she told me she no longer with and this was the main reason why she wanted an abortion because her pRents told her from day one that if she was to get parent she would have to marry the guy and since didn't tell her parents she was dating anyone how can she go home and tell her parents she pregnant, as well her stepfather had lost his Job and only her mother was working she didn't want to put more of a burned in the family and disappointment she is there oldest child and she doesn't want to show bad habits to her sisters. I asked her how would she disappoint her parent more by them going to a hospital visiting her with a baby in hand or by them visiting her in a grave. She started to cry and said I never thought about that way. I showed her a DVD from natio geographic they show human development from conception to birth aftr that i putanother dvd that talks about how all the potencial complications she may have if she she has an abortion, by this point she still seem like abortion is something she wanted to do. I told her I had another DVD that was very graphic that show exactly how an abortion looks like, she looked at me so puzzle but said yeah I want to see it am still sure I want to do this. After I put the DVD choose blue she started to say I can't do that to my baby it real it a real baby. I told her we can help her in any way we can from a job to a maternity home she was so glad she thank me so much and right after she left the office she said thank you I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life am never going to forget this thank you

No comments: