Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What The Abortion Atmosphere Is Like

   

I had a client in her 30's come to our center for a consultation. She is pregnant and in her first trimester.

She has been able to give birth to 5 wonderful children. She also has a history with abortion.

She almost had 3 abortions, but only made it through 2. This is the story that she told me during the consultation. Here is what happened:

She scheduled herself an appointment to get an abortion in the city. She arrived on time, put on the gown they gave her, and waited on the table for the nurse to come in with the drugs.

The nurse completed the injections of the drugs to numb the pain. The only things left to happen was for the doctor to come in and perform the actual abortion. Finally he came. As he was getting on his gloves, something abnormal happened. The whole room heard a loud scream and excessive crying along with it. It was coming from a patient in a different room. 

It was from the last woman the doctor performed the abortion on. The doctor then turns to (my now client) and says to her, "I'm so sorry. I'll be right back". He leaves the room with my clients body positioned to get this abortion, drugs already injected in her body, and mind all made up for this action to take place. 

He ends up taking half an hour to come back to my client. She told me, "My legs started gettin numb. So I said, 'just forget it' ". So, she left the clinic that day, continued on with prenatal care, and had her now 5 month old son ! Praise God. 

But this is only one story of what can and does go on at abortion clinics in this country. 

No comments: