Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"WWJD"

   The infamous "What Would Jesus Do" saying, Many Christians own the bracelet, but not the mind frame or actions. Let me be the first to say i know I'M NOT PERFECT! What I do know is that way too many young girls are getting abortions because of the fear of being judged by their "Christian" community. If you've read any of my previous blogs you may know that I faced an unplanned pregnancy as a highschool student in a Baptist Christian school. I also grew up in a Christian home. Knowing that I was pregnant, facing expulsion from the school I'd gone to since 4th grade because of this pregnancy, and of course not being married, made the choice for an abortion seem most appealing. I mean, I was pregnant, good Christian girls don't get pregnant out of wedlock, Right?? Wrong! "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."-Romans 3:23 

    This is my plea with the Christian community: PLEASE STOP JUDGING THESE WOMEN! You're judgment causes such fear in their minds that they would RATHER choose abortion over LIFE! Surely this is not what Jesus would do? The baby is NOT the sin. It is time to get rid of the fear of humiliation, and ostracism. It's time to embrace, love and help. No more babies should die because of the lack of Christianity in these "Christian" communities.

No comments: