Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tears always help the soul!!!!

       On Monday I received a client who of course wanted an abortion, 24 years old, very intelligent and very sweet. I could tell something was seriously wrong with her, she had a fake smile on her face, she was definitely holding back her tears.
      We spoke for about an hour, I asked her what was wrong many times and to please let me help her. She wasn't telling me much other than she felt she had to have the abortion. I asked her time after time why she felt that but she wasn't letting her open up. Finally after trying for a long time, she finally felt comfortable with me and told me why she was so sad. Her exact words were "I was so happy when I found out I was pregnant but my whole family turned their backs on me and are telling me that I have to have this abortion".
       I spoke with her and told her that she wasn't alone, that if she wanted to have her baby to fight for him or her. She was still telling me that she had to have the abortion with that smile on her face, trying to hold back her tears. She told me that she had already even picked out names for the baby, had stop smoking and drinking so it would harm her baby. At this time my heart was breaking as I was feeling her pain, I asked her if she wanted to see her baby, reluctantly she said yes. I took her to our sonogram room and waited for her to come out.
      After a couple of minutes her and I were once again sitting face to face. I asked her if she was able to see her baby and that's when she couldn't hold back anymore, she started to cry, I cried with her and told her that everything was going to be alright. Looking her right in her eyes I begged her to please let us help her. At first she just didn't know what to do, but her motherly instincts came out and that's when she finally said that she was going to keep her baby and fight for him or her!. With tears still in our faces we both just started to laugh and enjoy such an amazing moment, I told her that she was my first client who had made me cry but that I was happy.

      I know that God was with us in that room as well as his Angels because that moment was magical and such an amazing blessing not only for her but also for me. Before she left I gave her the first outfit for her baby and still with tears in our eyes we continued to laugh. Later that night she texted me and told me something that will always stick in my heart, she said "My baby will know about you". To me that is worth more than any trophy or degree I could have ever won!

No comments: