Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wishing Everyone Could Have Parents Like Mine

I am blessed beyond measure to have been raised by the parents that I have. Not only did they teach me how to be like Christ, but they lived the life themselves.

Both of my parents are strong Protestants,who were born and raised in the state of North Carolina. They have been members of different churches over the years, all the way from non-denominational to Presbyterian to Baptist.

Make no mistake, there are different philosophies on the doctrine of these denominations.  However, throughout all of their studies, one thing remains the same: Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Because of this teaching, they taught me that it was Jesus himself who came to die for what we, as people, deserved to die for. Our problems are so great, Jesus came to take the place for them. He didn't promote death, he promoted life.

For this reason, they taught me to believe that abortion is wrong. They visited me here in NYC, to pray with me outside of one of the many abortion clinics in the Bronx.

I continue to pray, that my generation strives to follow in the footsteps of someone like my mom, and someone like my dad. Thanks be to God for their obedience to Him. 







No comments: