Sunday, December 18, 2011

Me!!!!!

        My name is Luis Mondragon, I am 25 years old. Born in Guerrero, Mexico but moved to Sanger, California when I was 8. After I graduated high school I moved to Chicago, Illinois where I currently study and work not only professionally but also with the Pastoral Youth. I am a member of a community called Sembradores which was started by Rev. Nestor Torres. Father Nestor is a Colombian priest that was brought over to work with the youth of the Archdiocese of Chicago. He always tells us that God needs an army and that we are called to be that soldier that HE needs; and once a soldier has been trained and knows enough to go into battle he must do so, that is why I'm here. I wanted to do my missionary work and after looking at some options this is where I felt my heart closest to as my mom was a single parent and I Thank her for not choosing or ever considering this route as I probably wouldn't have been here since my dad left before I was born.
         Babies don't have a voice and we must be that for them, specially unborn as in there they don't even have a cry that can be heard. We are not only called to do so by our Faith but also by our humanity. We must respect and protect all of God's creation, specially his greatest and most beautiful of all, his children. 

No comments: