Monday, December 19, 2011

The Magic Sonogram Bus

For the past few months I've been working exclusively on administrative/fundraising endeavors so it's been an unusual experience to be so far removed from the frontlines work. At the same time I still run into those who are working on the sidewalk and in the centers on a regular basis. While I'm sitting at the desk, a fellow worker may walk in at some point throughout the day and give me an update on what happened that morning. "We had two saves today" was what one told me after a morning outside Dr. Emily's. Two saves....that's two lives saved in one morning. It's not about the numbers, it's about the impact of two children being saved from death in one morning. It's the best kind of news that I could receive while I'm working away at the computer.
Multiple times a week I'll receive these kinds of updates. Our mobile sonogram bus is a miracle worker. So many children are walking around today because of that miracle of modern technology. And since I work where it is parked at the end of the day, I get to hear so many of the great stories it has to tell. 

No comments: