Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Even us guys benefit from this!

      About a week ago I received a client; 17 years old, very intelligent and she seemed sure of what she wanted to do. With her came her boyfriend, seemed like a nice kid but confused and not sure what was going on. As soon as they walk in, he starts to cry, walks out and I follow him. I talk to him for a bit and ask him to follow me to one of our counseling room.
      He opens up about what is going on in his life and tells me that he rarely opens up to anyone much less someone he just met, I tell him that I will always be there for whatever he needs. He looked like he hadn't slept in days and did not seem fine. After a few hours of talking he agrees to come back for another visit. He came back this past Monday, and after keeping in contact with him and after long hours of just giving him the much needed attention and care, he is now doing much better and we even helped him find a job! He called me last night to tell me how happy he was and how he was going to put everything on his part to have a better life for himself. He is looking forward to start over and I will be there as long as he needs me too!
      In regards to our female client, we can't do much as she won't allow us to help her but we will continue to try and we won't give up.

No comments: