Thursday, December 15, 2011

Adoption in progress


A few days a go I was in the queens office when I lady walks in after reading her intake form she tells me that she pregnant and doesn’t want it. wants to know how far along she is because she had gone to choices and they had told her she cant no longer have an abortion due to the fact she was more than 23 weeks, so choice refers to another abortion clinic in another state than does allow abortion after 23 weeks so she calls that clinic to find out how much it would cost her to have a late term abortion. The clinic says it would cost her $5,000 for which she says she can’t afford. So she goggle our office to see what alternative she has. I told her we can help and find out exactly how far along she is what her alternative are for her, we find out she 31 weeks and having a baby girl and that she can give the baby up for adoption and that different type of adoption she can do the open and close adoption, she said I cant keep it I have a kid already and I just cant have it I would prefer to give the baby to someone who wants a baby and can afford it. So now we are working to find a family for her baby girl.

No comments: