Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good news!

My first experience of working in one of the pregnancy centres was very positive. Of all the clients that came in wanting an abortion, all but one changed their minds. I find it very hard to believe that they are so unaware of the dangers and devastating effects of abortion. The first client that I spoke to was just about to turn 18, she said that she wanted an abortion because she was scared about what her family might say, and felt that she wasn’t ready to become a mother. As soon as we began to talk about the abortion procedure, it was evident that she didn’t have any genuine knowledge. Women are led to believe that having an abortion just involves going into a clinic and ’having it done’, ( I hear this so much) as though they were going for an appointment at a hair dressing salon. The moment the client had her ultrasound and saw her baby, she began to cry and said, ‘My baby! I can hear its heart beating’. She changed her mind within minutes and couldn’t wait to show her sister the picture of the baby. I was so moved by this experience. If one client can change her mind within such a short time, that surely tells us something - they need to be told the truth! EMC is telling the truth, saving lives and I’m seeing it first hand!

No comments: