Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Alleged Abortion Baby Is Now Living At 5 Months



This past May, a client come into EMC's Queens Pregnancy Center considering abortion. She had just moved here from South America and was 100% not planning on getting pregnant. She left SA due to a tragic stabbing attack. She wanted to come to a safer country. She now lives in NYC with her family.

Referring to the stabbing incident, she said, "I am still traumatized by what happened. I can't be pregnant. I need this abortion." I asked her, "Do you want to get an abortion?" Her response was, "Of course not, but I don't have a choice." I said, "No. See, it's the opposite. You do have a choice!"

I inquired where all her family was living to see if they could be within reach to help her with the pregnancy. I found out her mother and sister are still in South America.
She said, "My mom will be furious if she find out I am pregnant. I cannot tell her." I said, "Do you want me to tell her?" Surprised, yet relieved, she got out her phone card, dialed her mother's number, and I spoke with a woman living in South America about her daughter's pregnancy. What an interesting conversation! Her mother was not mad!

The young woman ended up lingering in the office for the next 2 hours. My fellow Intern John shared with us a true story about his sister's experience with an unexpected pregnancy and the rewards of perseverance. She so was moved by the story! It opened her eyes and helped her to choose LIFE for her precious child.

She is now 5 months pregnant and is overjoyed about her baby! On December 3rd I am teaming up with one of her best friends, to throw the best baby shower there could be! We want to make her feel secure and joyous about her decision to keep her baby. We want to celebrate her courage!

Unfortunately, the rest of the family is still having trouble adjusting to it. Her step dad is indifferent about it. Her mother and sister still are not sure it is the right thing to keep the baby. I am so proud of her, and she s proud of herself! Thank you for praying for EMC. God's hands are at work and alive.

No comments: