Saturday, October 20, 2012

Two Happy Surprises

Doing follow up calls to the women who come into our offices is one of the most important parts of our job. But, it is also one of the hardest. You look at your list of clients who left either undecided or still wanting an abortion, and the last thing you want to do is call them up and find out that they already went through with the worst decision of their life. And you know that's the answer you're going to get from most of them.

But, that's not always the case.

I was doing some of these follow ups yesterday. There was one woman who had come to see us at the beginning of September but I had not been able to get a hold of her since then. She finally answered her phone when I called yesterday. There was also a woman who had come in early last week who was also still abortion minded when she left. I called these women expecting to hear the usual "Oh, I already took care of it." or, "I just couldn't keep it." But no, both of these women have decided to keep their babies! One may even come to our Brooklyn center for prenatal! Praise God!

No comments: