Monday, March 28, 2011

"Where 2 or 3 Are Gathered"


I was at Dr. Emily's abortion clinic in the Bronx this past Saturday. I had the distinct privilege of fighting this fight against abortion with the "Sisters of Life". Many of them came to the clinic on Saturday as well. Of all the hundreds of times


I have spent my days at Dr. Emily's, this day was unique because the sisters brought the presence of God with them. Sometimes I am at Dr. Emily's by myself for a short while where I try to pray for God's presence to be there, and He is. But like His word says, "Where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst" Matthew 18:20.


There is strength in numbers, especially from those who have dedicated their entire lives to adore and serve the Lord. It was an honor to stand with them outside the abortion clinic to sing praises and pray the rosary to our great God. I was able to speak with a few of them one on one. It was during this time, that I found myself literally crying when one ofthem started talking to me about what her and the sisters do for post abortive women. I realized clearer now than ever, that I was a team with these phenomenal women.



My job is to try and stop the girls before they go in the clinic, and give them a different choice- a hope. But, if she decides to still get the abortion, that's where the Sisters of Life come in, to pick up the pieces.


Just the thought that I get to be on the same team and side as these Sisters is such a humbling experience and I don't deserve it. I am utterly grateful for the Lord's grace in allowing me to be chosen as a vessel for his great work. Praise and thanks be to God. Thank you for reading.

No comments: