Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LIVING on a Prayer...

"I lift my eyes unto the hills... from where my help comes from... my help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."

These forty days of prayer,fasting and outreach have been amazing for me. I was never able to partake in a Forty days for Life campaign prior to my arrival here in the Big Apple. During the few days that I have been able to make it to the sidewalk, I have gained so much!

The opportunity for prayer is astounding in helping the effectiveness of my work throughout the rest of my week. It fuels the passion and the drive necessary to reach the women I work with everyday.

By fasting and small acts of sacrifice, I am able to enter more deeply into the heart of Jesus on the cross. This entering into the Sacred Heart is necessary in our work of love and compassion. Offering it up allows me to open up more fully.

Community outreach has truly been the most visibly fruitful. I receive head nods of agreement and verbal encouragement to persevere in our work. One man even bought us all bottles of water!
I love being able to inform people about things
... that there is an abortion clinic in this building, on 149th St. in the South Bronx
... that the safest place on earth for a child is being desecrated in the name of choice
... that women are having their womanhood wounded with out understanding the consequences
... that babies are destroyed and their body parts sold for the sake of profit

Here's to day 14 of 40... let's see what else God will do!

No comments: