Sunday, March 27, 2011

40 Days for Life at Planned Parenthood

You cannot underestimate the value of prayer at an abortion facility. Miracles do happen.

Whether or not it's a change of heart at the last minute or more commonly, an insurance problem, I believe that prayer has a remarkable ability to change the hearts of others.

The latter situation occurred Friday when a woman's medicaid mysteriously didn't work. It was a perfect opportunity for me to offer her a free sonogram which took some persuading but she agreed.

This girl in particular turned out to not be pregnant but the chance to talk with her provided me the ability to talk about chastity and life decisions - to which she was very receptive. Of course I had to speak up eventually and talk to her - but I think I can safely attribute the Medicaid failure to a heavy dose of prayer provided by those giving a peaceful, prayerful presence.

Perhaps not all people are equipped to sidewalk counsel - although that is the best way to reach women and save lives, but everyone can pray outside of an abortion facility - and God answers our prayers.

No comments: