Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spiritual Warfare: I forgot...

In the three years since I served for Expectant Mother Care as an intern, I forgot a lot of things.

I forgot God’s amazing power, love and mercy. I forgot His true saving graces. I forgot how present He is in everyday life, even when we can’t see Him. I forgot that without Him, life wouldn’t exist. I forgot what it is like to rely completely on faith.

Standing in front of Dr. Emily’s last Friday morning, it all came rushing back. As I watched woman after woman walk into what one of my students referred to as “the gates of Hell,” I remembered everything. I remembered that after I’ve spoken to a woman for a mere 30 seconds, the only thing left is prayer and God’s will.

I knew I needed to pray each and everyday for the end to abortion, but what I realized on this trip back to the city was that, no matter how near of far I am from the sites of battle, I must constantly unite myself with the precious blood of Jesus and the mothers who are struggling to accept God’s will in their lives. Our gifts of prayer and everyday sacrifices really do make a difference, and can provide a young woman with the spiritual graces needed to confront her parents with her pregnancy, stand up to her boyfriend with the truth, or gain the strength to carry on during difficult times. With each small prayer and sacrifice, no matter how far away from the "frontline" I am, God will send graces to His people here on earth.

Let us unite ourselves to His sacred heart always and everywhere.

No comments: