Friday, October 8, 2010

Reuniting Couples and Saving Lives; A 40 Days for Life Story


40 Days for Life, Manuel and I walked down Abortion Row on our way to the EMC Pregnancy Center. As we passed the first of two abortion clinics situated almost next door to each other, I spotted her. She walked down the stairs and began to make her way down the street. I quickly told Manuel that I would be right back.
"Mami, Mami!" I called to her. As I caught up to her she turned around and I saw eyes filled with question and a childlike sadness. I asked her if she was pregnant, she spoke little english but I found out that she was looking for a pregnancy test. I didn't skip a beat, "We do free pregnancy tests at my Center just down the street. Gratis! Free!" She followed me to the center!

As it turns out she was pregnant, and feeling the pressure. She and her husband were seperated and he wanted her to abort. She wanted to keep the baby but, the idea of raising the baby all by herself just seemed to much for her. Jowell counseled her. He explained the risks and complications to her aswell as all of her options. He also encouraged her to be strong, couragous, and not to give in to the temptation. Then he began to speak about what it means to be a man, that her husband should protect his family, and be there for them. After a free sonogrm she left with the promise of returning in a few hours with her husband. And she did just that. After their joint meeting with Jowell the married couple decided to reunite and chose LIFE for their unborn baby! We have met with them several times since that beautiful day. They are very happy and looking forward to their little bundle of joy!

No comments: