Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lies (Part I)


When interns and staff told me about the lies that abortion clinics say to the girls, I coudn't believe it. In my country (Spain), the doctor has to be sure that the patient understands the risks and consequences before preceding.

I'm writing this, because a few days ago we were in Jackson Heights, in front of two abortion clinics with a 37'' TV playing "The Silent Scream" in spanish. This girl stopped during a few seconds and before starting walking again, Ray Mooney asked her something. At the same moment, I was talking to three young women about the procedure and Ray called me. I talked to this woman for a few minutes, and she agreed to come with me to our office on Roosevelt Avenue (Queens) just 50 ft. from these two abortion clinics.

She told me she was pregnant. She even told me that she had made two appointments for abortions but she cancelled both of them: first, because her boyfriend (who gave her money for the abortion) talked her out of it, and the second time she cancelled because she felt sick that day. When I started to tell her about the risks during the procedure she didn't believe me untill we watched this video about procediures. Then she told me that she had an abortion a few years ago and nobody at the clinic told her anything about it.
This post continues here

No comments: