Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Divine Intervention

When I think of Why I choose to work for EMC, days like today remind me why I love what I do.

Today was a rather slow day at the center. This one beautiful 21 year old walks into our centers which she happened to find us on Court Street. This is an amazing story, so get ready to be blown away.


I saw the pain this girl was going through, I really understood where she was coming from. She came in so cold, without a jacket. I took the jacket off my back and told her she can keep it. She was so thankful. Linda and I had tears coming down our faces.

Being her mom died this last June. I really related to her pain. Her mom was always Pro Life. The words of her mother touched my heart as well as Linda's. Her mother always said, "The moment you have sex is the time you are ready for a child, the child belongs in the womb and its Noone's choice to remove that child until delivery.

The young girl has a 5 year old son. Now, she is 8 weeks pregnant. Her mom passed away, and she feels all alone. She has a roommate that had an abortion 4 months ago. Her roommate is constantly pushing her towards abortion- even threatening her of getting kicked out.

I told her that her friend cannot stand to see her friend Pregnant. The reason why she wants her to have an abortion so badly is because it will make her friends' abortion feel validated. Her friend right now is going through Post abortive syndrome, and by her friends pregnancy its killing her emotionally- to see her as courageous as she is to keep this child.

The young lady is Italian, and the father does not want her to have another child. The baby is mixed with African American blood. I told her, the baby will be beautiful!

She is coming tomorrow with her "friend" so we can speak with them both, and try to find some counsel for the "friend" on her abortion past.



This story is to be continued...

1 comment:

Robin said...

WOW! Chris, what a beautiful story. It is such an important point to get across to young women in her sitaution that many who have had abortions will push them to kill their child as well so they
feel validation.