Monday, October 18, 2010

A heartbeat for life

Last Thursday there it was busy with clients, and eventually they all decided to keep their babies. There was this one couple of about 17 years old, they were 5 months pregnant and they decided to keep their baby.

I heard the heartbeat while I watched the ultrasound, it was so touching. The work we do is emotionally tough, but we are being strengthened by God and we feel that. Prayer is so important. I really feel a difference between the days I pray before I go to work and the days that I take time to pray and prepare my day with God.

Sometimes there are girls you can just talk to for hours and the message doesn’t seem to get through. It might look like that, but some to keep their baby after all. The work that we do isn’t just about saving lives, because a pregnancy changes the life of a woman anyway, whatever she chooses. Abortion, adoption or keeping it. It is our job to educate women to tell them the truth about abortion and the possible complications. And to help her with all the resources we have when she wants to keep the baby. We’re not trying to scare her as some people say, we don’t judge if she does have an abortion. We’re there to help. And I’m proud to be a part of that team.

1 comment:

e_doula said...

I think you mean DONT have an abortion.. :)