Thursday, October 7, 2010

Her body, his choice

An 18 year old woman walked into one of our clinics yesterday. She wanted an abortion like most women that come to our clinic. She was with her boyfriend, and he told us that they wanted an abortion because they were too young to have a baby.

We showed her a movie that explained how an abortion works and the possible complications and some information on how the surgery increases the chance of breast cancer with 50%.. What surprised me was that when I showed the woman the size of her six week old baby she looked so happy.


Manuel and I counseled them, she said she´d come back today for a free sonogram of her baby. I wasn´t there today but Manuel was and they told me that the woman was going to keep her baby, and that it was her boyfriend that forced her into an abortion. Not her own choice..

I´m so happy right now, thank you Lord! Only with prayer and His help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that this young lady saw the evidence of what really is her child; a human being, a person. I am also glad that as a result she opted to not have an abortion.

I do pray however that her boyfriend will understand that it is her body and not his thus how she treats her body isn't his choice. In hindsight however her unborn child's body is thiers and not anyone elses. So in with accordance with the Pro-Choice notion that no one has the right to do what they want with another persons body or life must also apply to the bodies and lives of those who are unborn. The unborn have thier own bodies and lives and likewise no other person has the right to do what they want with thier bodies and lives.

Ian
http://www.adefence.blogspot.com