Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Working in the Brooklyn office...

Before this week, I had never worked at the Brooklyn office. I had grown accustomed to either going to Dr. Emily's or the Bronx's center. On Monday, I went to Linda's for the first time, not knowing what to expect. We had only been there a couple minutes before Linda showed us a sonogram of one of her clients. I had never seen a live sonogram before, and watching the baby's beating heart was amazing. I was able to sit in on a counseling session that day too, and even take part in one. Another intern, Amelia, and I counseled this one girl who was afraid to have a baby because of various reasons. We talked with this girl for about 2 hours straight, but she still wouldn't budge. Linda told me that we could not do anything more, but that it was the Holy Spirit's job from now on. I listened to Linda and prayed to the Holy Spirit. Before long, the girl had started to think about the possibility of keeping the baby. Originally, she was going to have the abortion the next day, but by the end of our talk, she agreed to come visit us again on Friday. I am looking forward to seeing her. Amelia called her yesterday to check up on her, and she is doing well. Working at Brooklyn was a truly amazing experience.

No comments: