Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today at the Brooklyn EMC center, I was privileged to be able to sit in on, and take part in (to a small extent) a counselling session that took place primarily between Linda (the counselor of the center) and a young couple. I learned a great deal watching Linda counsel. It was clear that the young couple were put at ease with the care and understanding which Linda showed to them. After talking with them, watching a few video's, and talking a little more, the mother agreed to come back for an ultrasound. I was able to talk to the young father. He told me that he did not want his girlfriend to go through the troubles which abortion would enevitably cause her. I believe he will be a good and supportive father to his child and that, as in many cases, once the mother actually sees the sonogram of her child, abortion for her will be unthinkable. I am learning so much here with EMC, and am very eager to bring the wisdom and techniques learned here to save lives back in Toronto, Ontario, my home city.

No comments: