Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first few days working for EMC...

I started my internship this past Sunday, May 10th. I didn't know what to expect because working as a pro-life intern was going to be a whole new experience for me. On Monday, I was able to take part in a counseling session at the Bronx's EMC center. I felt the love of God flow through the counselor's words to the despairing soon-to-be mothers at the clinic that day. I knew that we were doing the Lord's work.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we prayed and sidewalk counselled outside of Dr. Emily's Women's Health Center (a.k.a. abortion clinic). This was a moving experience for me because even though I had prayed outside a clinic before, I had never had the courage to counsel one of the women on the sidewalk as she walked toward the clinic doors. On Tuesday, I was very much reserved, but by the time Wednesday came, I was openly talking with the women, explaining that we offered free sonagrams to them and that we cared for their own wellbeing as well as their babies. There were a couple saves, and I am glad to have witnessed God's amazing power.

No comments: