Friday, May 15, 2009

Only God can soften the hearts hurt by abortion..

EMC has several offices all over the Bronx and this morning David, a fellow intern, and I were at the Fordham Rd and Jerome Ave office with a day full of booked appointments. But only two girls kept their appointments one of which was very early in her pregnancy and looking for an abortion. We were able to give her a pregnancy test and show her the standard non-graphic abortion procedure video which made her realize the procedure would be very dangerous, nonetheless, she felt an abortion would be her best choice. Through the counseling session she tells me she has had two previous abortion, so I am very careful in my approach to make her realize that another abortion would the farthest thing from her "best choice". The next thing I know this expectant mother starts to cry, this was the last thing I saw coming. This poor mother of three children(two deceased and one in the oven)and only 20 years old has built up so many walls that I knew only God could bring them down. With the few loving words that David and I tried express to this wounded daughter she, God willing, has had a change of heart. Agreeing to get a sonogram at the end of the month, I believe this mother will be a mother of a living child in months to come! Praise be the Almighty God!

No comments: