Thursday, May 14, 2009

From High to Low

Today was an amazing day! A client came in to EMC Pregnancy Care Bronx office. She was abortion minded. She had a 3 & ½ month old at home and didn’t want another baby so soon. After showing her the pamphlet on abortion procedures, Amy and I talked with her about keeping the baby. She was still unsure but I could tell she was starting to consider keeping the baby. We then showed her and another client the cartoon video on abortions. Both women were silently crying by the end of the video.
I took these two women and another one to Bronx Care for ultrasounds. It was my first time seeing an ultrasound done live. I got to hear the heartbeat of one of the babies and the other baby was 5 weeks and 1 day. One of the clients out of the three was still abortion minded. During the ultrasound, Katherine couldn’t find the baby and couldn’t hear the heartbeat. She called the doctor in and the doctor told her that she had miscarried the baby. The girl appeared to be relieved on the outside, but asked for a picture of the baby. When she though no one was looking, I saw her looking heartbroken at the picture of her baby.
I realize how important it is that we are here for these women and the unborn children. No one else is here to give a voice to the unborn.

Juliet Marie

No comments: