Friday, May 15, 2009

Abortion Hurts Women

When Andrea walked into Dr. Emily's it seemed like nothing had reached her. She blew off the sidewalk counsellor and refused the literature. She didn't even appear to have heard what was said. She walked straight in without stopping at all.

Then God touched her heart.

Some hours later she came out the back of the clinic and I approached her. She tried to blow me off at first, but I persisted and asked her to take our literature. She refused, but admitted that she was having second thoughts about the abortion. I said to her "You know, abortion hurts women." She stopped walking, looked me in the eyes and said "I know." She took the literature. I asked her if she would like a free sonogram, gesturing to our mobile clinic that is parked around the corner from Dr. Emily's. She hesitated, but when I told her there was no waiting she agreed.

She saw her baby for the first time (she was 13 weeks pregnant!!) and started to cry. Then she really opened up to Julie and told her story, and it turns out she is post abortive and knew very well that the statement that abortion hurts women is painfully true. In the end, another baby saved and another mother helped. All for the glory of God.Abort

No comments: